Friday, April 8, 2011

Puzzles in Classrooms

My Creation

I like puzzles very much. So when I found Big Huge Labs this web, I was very excited, because I could make my puzzles by myself with my favorite pictures. 
Of course, puzzles could also be used in ESL classrooms. For me, I would like to use it for second language beginners or young children. And those puzzles could not be too complicated. 
First, I would show some parts of a puzzle in the class and ask students to guess what it is. And they can also ask me some Yes/No questions. If students cannot get it, I will give them more parts. If they still have no idea, I will add more until they know what the picture is. I think this kind of classes would have a lot of fun. Not only can the activity attract students' attention, but also they would practice their English during the whole process. 
In the future, I think I would create more objects and make use of them in my classrooms.

Butterflies and Flowers
Butterflies and Flowers By Dots Treats Cupcakes 

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

This sounds like a good vocabulary activity!