Sunday, May 1, 2011

Podcast in ESL Classroom

    I really like ESL Pod this website, which provides teachers or learners with a lot of English learning resources.
    In this website, I found a podcast about describing people's look. That is a dialogue, in which two people are looking at some family pictures and talking about the appearances of people in those pictures. The whole dialogue is not difficult and the speed of it is slow. So it is very suitable for intermediate learners. I think that is a good resource for my English classes. And before the class, I will ask students to bring a photo which includes one of their family members. Then, in the classroom, I would like to ask students try their best to describe their partners, and then teaching them some new words or phrases about appearances, which also include the words in dialogue. Next, I will let students listen to this dialogue twice, and find how these two people describe their family members. Last, I will ask students to introduce one of their family members based on their photos in the class. And audiences could judge whether they describe picture appropriately or not.
    I hope students can acquire some apparent words or phrases and know how to describe people in my class. And in my future classroom, I would like find more and more useful podcasts for my students and help them to improve their English.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

This would be a good lesson!